“No to War!” Greek Party calls for unity of Greek and Turkish peoples
Written by: on
Tensions that only serve imperialist interests are growing between Greece and Turkey. The Communist Party of Greece (Marxist-Leninist) has issued a call for the Greek and Turkish peoples to unite against war. We reprint their statement below:
PEOPLES ARE NOT CANNON FODDER OF THE IMPERIALISTS-MURDERERS!
The new dangerous naval incident involving the ramming of a Hellenic Coast Guard vessel in the vicinity of Imia islets, the announcements of military exercises and the subsequent reservation of marine areas, the airspace and maritime violations, and the escalation of threats once again underscore the increased perils of war that threaten both peoples of Greece and Turkey. These perils mostly spring out of the ferocious imperialistic enmity, that has transformed the area of Middle East and South-Eastern Mediterranean into an arena of a bloody game of influence and domination. Through interventions, stirring up of local reactionary contradictions, chauvinism, and redrawing of borders mostly in Syria, but not only there. The local bourgeoisie classes, reactionary regimes, as well as all region’s governments are being dragged in and manipulated in this ferocious enmity. They exchange the roles of aggressor and defendant according to the changes of balance of great powers and the strategical plans of imperialistic staffs.
The latest events prove that NATO not only doesn’t guarantee peace and security but is also an element of destabilization that brings war perils for our people. Just as it is for the rest of the peoples in Balkans and Southeastern Mediterranean. The Greek government, following and enhancing the American-NATO line, has dragged the country deeper into greater danger.
• By granting full freedom to the American military forces through their bases and accommodations, especially the one in Souda, Crete.
• Through the alignment to NATO’s orders in the Balkans, and especially in the framework of relations/contradictions with the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia.
• With the enhancement of the political-military relations and the so-called axes of reactionary regimes in the region of S.E. Mediterranean, especially with the incendiary of war and conqueror-state of Israel.
• In its coordination with the far-reaching plans of the western multinational oil and natural gas companies the presence of whom has been historically proven to almost always be connected to the incitement of contradictions, unjust wars, and abundance of peoples’ spilled blood.
• Through the utilization of the reactionary agreements of European Union and Turkey regarding the refugee issue, transforming the Aegean Sea to NATO Sea and with hopes to enhance their role.
On the opposite shores of Aegean Sea, in Turkey, the fascist regime guised in a parliamentary cloak, and with the support of all the bourgeoise parties already wages two wars. The first one (and the long-term one) is against the Turkish people, the liberties, and the democratic rights, but also against Kurds of South-Eastern Turkey. Towns and villages are being bombed, political adversaries, academics, and journalists are being imprisoned, tortured, and silenced. The heroic Turkish revolutionary Left, which with a heavy cost resists the fascism and chauvinism, is being hunted down. Only today, 14/2, the authorities have enforced an unprecedented curfew in 176 villages and municipalities in Diyarbakir!
The second war is the invasion in the Kurdish territories of the Northern Syria, which today are centered in Afrin, yesterday in the Northern Iraq, infringing every sense of international law. Just like all the other bourgeoisie classes in the area, the Turkish bourgeoisie aims to obtain an important regional role, to be favored by the imperialist element, to exploit the contradictions, and to avoid any rifts on the cusp of a new circle of sharing and re-sharing of the Middle East, its borders and its sources of wealth.
The working class, the new generation, and the people must not stand indifferent in front of the perspective of these nightmarish events. They must revolt against NATO’s war plans and the policy of the government which serves them.
• To resist to every power which seeks to redraw borders with the blood of peoples.
• To demand that all the treaties which define borders and at the same time all the liberties and rights of peoples and minorities are respected.
• To stand against nationalism, chauvinism, and the cries of hatred for neighboring peoples.
• To struggle for Greece to leave NATO and the European Union, to boot out the American bases, and to topple down the policy of war-friendly axes with Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.
• To denounce the plans of bisection of Cyprus and its transformation into a NATO’s aircraft-carrier.
• To protest the imperialist’s and their multinational energy companies’ bloody politics of stirring up the contradictions.
CPG(m-l) calls upon every working, democratic, and peaceful person to take a side, to mobilize, and to fight to block the war developments that loom on the horizon. First and mostly fighting against the politics of the imperialists and the government that serves them!
• NO TO ANY CHANGE OF BORDERS!
• FRIENDSHIP AND SOLIDARITY OF PEOPLES AND NATIONS OF THE REGION
• OUT WITH THE USA-NATO-EU-RUSSIA FROM THE BALKANS AND THE MIDDLE EAST!
• DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT POLITICS OF DEPENDENCE AND SUBMISSION
• NO TOLERANCE TO THE ENMITIES AND OPPORTUNISM OF THE RULLING CLASSES
• NO TO FASCISM, NATIONALISM, AND CHAUVINISM!
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Independence from Imperialism
People's Rights & Liberties
Community and Environment
|Japan set to double military budget and redefine its military’s role
|Japan’s new Prime Minister – where will he take the country?
|Rally to stop AUKUS-strating for war
|More signs of regional war drive
|Winds of change for Peru?
|You've got the watches, we've got the time - The US failure in Afghanistan
|RAWA Responds to the Taliban Takeover
|Nicaragua – still in the sights of the US imperialists
|Communist (Maoist) Party of Afghanistan latest statement
|US invasion force leaves as Taliban enter Kabul
|US imperialism not pleased by Korean peninsula diplomatic thaw
|Talisman sabre-rattling and US manoeuvres in the Philippines
|As US Departs Afghanistan, A Changing Balance Of Forces Emerges
|US war preparations: push for NATO to expand into Indo-Pacific region
|Support the strike demands of the Iranian oil and gas workers
|A Message to the Masters of War
|Australia’s Triton acquisition serves US imperialism’s war preparations
|Duterte - a Filipino sell-out
|Philippines: Is the US looking to change its puppets?
|Militarising Space: the strengthening of a regional hub for US-led operations